Thursday, September 1, 2011

Birthday Invitation - Four Flap Fold

My youngest daughter's birthday is sneaking up on me.  I've had all summer to come up with a birthday invitation for her party, but instead I've waited until nearly the last minute.  I really wanted to make her a fun birthday invitation too.  So, I looked at my birthday party and decided to use this paper.  Since she is turning three I decided I wanted to some how incorporate that in the card.  So, I did the 3 balloons, the 3 spinners and the 3 candles.  Only problem with this card was it took me so long to make one card that I ended up only making 2 invitations.  I do however have enough supplies cut out to make another 4 cards.  I guess I'll be making thank you cards with the rest.

The directions for this card I found in a book from Paper Crafts Magazine. It's called Joy of Card Making: Collector's Edition. I actually had borrowed this book from my local library.  The directions are at the bottom.







Supplies: Paper: Sassa Fraslass (Count Me In) & Unknown; Ink: TH (Aged Mahogany & Scattered Straw); Stamp: SU (Lots of Thoughts); Punch: SU (Scallop Circle & 1 3/8" Circle); Cricut: Celbrations & Sweet Treats; Distress Stickles: Spiced Marmalade & Mustard Seed; Brads: Bazzill; Copics: YR18 & R39; Misc: Scor-Pal, Thread

Click on the picture to enlarge or Right Click to save it.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful card! I can't grasp the directions on how to attach all of the squares together tho... Too hard to read the directions... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that I finally figured out the directions! I can't wait to make a card..I know it won't be as beautiful as yours but I will give it a go. Thank you for the directions!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little piece of the crafting world. I really appreciate your comments. I hope you enjoy today!! :)Robin