Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Explosion Box

I am so excited to be sharing this Explosion box. 

Over at Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group they are celebrating their 2nd birthday.  And each week are having challenges and games.  So, week one the challenge was to create an Explosion box.  I, unfortunately ran our of time to make the box and missed the deadline.  But I really wanted to try making an explosion box so I went ahead.

I am so pleased with how the box turned out, especially for my first try.  I decided to make this a birthday gift for my mom.  I don't know if I'll be able to wait until mid-June to give it to her...lol.  For directions on making an Explosion Box go here.  I did take a few ideas from other boxes that I saw over the last while (thanks ladies).

I have lots of pictures to share, so I will start with the box closed followed by open.  Then the rest of the pictures.



Supplies: Paper: Bazzill & DCWV (Citrus); Stickles: Icicles; Ribbon: (??); Stamps: SU (Celebrate It, Happy Birthday) Cornish Heritage Farms, Studio G; Tilda: #285 Giggling Tilda & #3001 Wrapped Tilda; Punch: Martha Stewart (Floral Lace); Cuttlebug: Happy Birthday, Congrats & Swiss Dots; Flower: Michaels;

16 comments:

  1. Super cute. Love the balloons and the Tildas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute. I love the colors you chose so perfect for a birthday. I bet your mom will love it.
    hugs
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, love it!
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Explosion Box!! I love the present in the center with the Tildas on either side surrounded by the acetate balloons.
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so cute!!! Your colors are wonderful and I love the two little Tilda's sitting on the gift with the acetate balloons popping up around them. You decorated the box beautifully!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is very cute! Love the yellows! I'm so glad you finished it and shared it with us!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I just love your little box ! The balloons are just adorable as well as the rest of your happy little creation !
    Awesome job
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin!!! Your box is absolutely gorgeous!!! You did a wonderful job!!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very sweet--love the great colors and fun embellies! Fabulous job on your box--it's a box of fun for sure! Lovely!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pity you couldnt finish it before the end of the challenge, your box is beautiful, love the two Tilda's sitting on the box.
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this box!! I really like how you decorated every bit of your box!! So much going on but not looking busy! So very pretty!!!! Lots of wonderful ideas here! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Robin. Your explosion box is lovely. I so enjoy seeing what others do and when I have enough energy to go down to my stamping room I am going to make one of those. At least I get to see others beauties. Thanks for sharing. StampinJo from On Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robin, you have totally inspired me to transform what I thought you a lowly, simple box into a work of art! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is the cutist explosion bon I have ever seen. Great job thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Robin, this is so cute!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little piece of the crafting world. I really appreciate your comments. I hope you enjoy today!! :)Robin